The Administrative Officer’s main responsibilities will include Administration and logistical support; Asset and office management; Accounting (membership fees, event revenues). In addition to the description below, please make sure to read the Terms of Reference (available on this page) before applying.
Job Post Summary
Title: Secretariat Officer of the Information Technology Association of The Gambia ( ITAG )
Starting Date: Early September
Location: Banjul, the Gambia
Contract Duration: One Year
For more information, including the salary and leave days, please refer to the Terms of Reference.
Roles and Responsbilities Summary
Administration & social media
- Manage the secretariat through administrative and logistical activities
- Manage membership engagement through the organization of networkingevents
- Manage membership dues
- Manage the official communication of the association including email,social media, website etc.
- Prepare, print and photocopy documents as required
- Ensure the fixed assets register is regularly updated
- Ensure security of all office equipment,including computers, printers, phones etc.
- Ensure all financial transactions adhere to policy and procedure,including relevant authorization and supporting documentation.
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded, filed and kept in atimely and accurate manner including the cheque book.
- Make payments and administer cash advances whenever necessary.
- Manage the office petty cash, ensuring sufficient funds are available
- Maintain the bank account to ensure funds are available for allauthorized transactions.
- Ensure cash and bank reconciliations are completed every month.
- Work with board members to prepare regular internal and external financial reports including reports tothe Board.
Please refer to the Terms of Reference for full description of responsibilities.
Working Experience : 1 year or more
Education Level : Undergraduate Degree (BA, BSc)
To apply for this post, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for application is 8 October (MON).
All interested individuals are required to read the full Terms of Reference with description of duties, skills and experience requirements before applying. Applications that do not meet the mandatory criteria will not be considered. Only electronic applications will be expected.
Please direct any enquires to ITAG at email@example.com or +220 3769020/ +220 7969021.