|Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and in close collaboration with the ITC team in The Gambia and Geneva, the Communications Consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
Support communications and outreach activities across projects:
- Manage social media accounts, regularly post updates on opportunities and engage on feedback and questions;
- Update project websites with written and audiovisual content, support the identification and implementation of adjustments to the web interface;
- Develop content for news stories, web highlights, blogs, etc.;
- Provide inputs to communication materials including leaflets, flyers, brochures and promotional materials;
- Coordinate with Tekki Fii programme partners (GIZ, IMVF, Enabel) the collection and dissemination of content including new opportunities, stories, testimonies etc.;
- Coordinate with the SheTrades Chapter in The Gambia team at the Ministry of Trade, industry and Regional Integration on the development of content and messaging on social media;
- Monitor and update databases and calendar of activities and events in collaboration with key partners;
- Update various online portals such as Gambia Youth Service Directory with relevant content about training and job opportunities;
- Support the communication aspects for project events, activities and trainings including outreach to media houses, development of programmes, press releases, news coverage etc.
- Take pictures and videos of project activities;
- Translate stories and other news content in local languages.
Support strategic communication and knowledge management:
- Contribute inputs to awareness raising and sensitization campaigns on different topics and using different communication channels including billboards, social media, radio, television, etc.;
- Support project communications campaigns to strive for gender balance in success stories, interviews, pictures, etc.;
- Support in the development of a new SheTrades Gambia communications plan and the development of advocacy materials relating to gender equality and women’s economic empowerment;
- Support the development and maintenance of communication systems and workflow;
- Establish and maintain a database and repository of communication materials produced by the project and key partners: pictures, videos, audio-files, promotional materials and other content;
- Develop and implement knowledge management initiatives for project teams and partners;
- Engage with media to promote positive messages and success stories around the concept of Tekki Fii - Make it in The Gambia;
- Provide inputs to thought papers, publications etc.
Preparation of regular analytical summative reports on the implementation performance of the ongoing advertisement, advocacy and outreach campaign
Performs other duties as required.
- Analyze media coverage of the Tekki Fii program in local and international print and electronic media and maintain a database;
- Monitor and analyze communication in social media including on specific topics;
- Prepare analytical notes on communication and contribute to related project reporting.
- Provide guidance and support to staff members and partners on communication strategies and campaigns
- Support project team in the development of visual communication and learning materials including presentations, leaflets, brochures etc.;
- Advise project partners on communication-related matters, such as the development of communications materials and campaigns, including through one-to-one meetings and group workshops.