THE GAMBIA GENDER CHAMPIONS
terms of Reference
1.0 Background of the Initiative
While it is clear that gender equality requires actions on all levels, visibility and commitments at the highest level can act as catalysts and accelerators of change. When paired with concrete actions, like the Gender Champions Initiative, they are highly likely to have lasting impact. Specifically, the objective of the Gambia Gender Champions Initiative is to promote gender equality in The Gambia by establishing and amplifying the commitment of those in leadership roles to actively further gender equality within their mandates, and to increase the visibility of women in senior positions. The joint engagement of women and men in the economy will be strengthened through the commitment of those in leadership roles.
The initiative is jointly coordinated by the SheTrades National Host Institution, which is anchored at the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration and Employment with support from the SheTrades Project Manager at the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the SheTrades Advisory Board, and the Ministry of Women’s Affairs, Children and Social Welfare. The two Ministries collaborate in the coordination of activities, communicating about the initiative, supporting Champions in setting their commitments, coordinating annual reporting of impact achieved by the Champions, and organizing annual meetings for the Champions to network and strategize together on how to accomplish their commitments.
2.0 Objective of the Visual Identity
The visual identity for the Gender Champions Initiative will speak to both genders and the whole Gambian population. It should be held plain, clear and simple and connect to the themes of gender equality, women’s empowerment, and taking action.
The Graphic Designer will provide a design framework to enhance the Gender Champions Initiative’s communication material and platforms, including print and digital media. The contributions should increase the visibility of the initiative and provide a unique recognition value.
3.0 Tasks of the Graphic designer
The Graphic Designer will undertake the following duties related to the creative design, layout and format of the Gender Champions initiative:
- Create the design of the visual identity of The Gambia Gender Champions Initiative from concept stage to final delivery, including logo, respective colours, design of billboards and other print and web-based communications materials such as the website;
- Improve and edit videos, photos, charts and other graphic elements.
- Create at least three visual identify samples: including logo, colour scheme, billboard design;
- Provide creative and innovative ideas and inputs for the website and print material in line with SheTrades/ITC branding requirement and within specified deadline.
3.3 Contract Duration and Timelines
- The contract will be effective from date of signing until 30 November 2019
- Visual identity samples to be presented by Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Final logo and visual identity to be submitted by Friday 4 October 2019
- Inputs to communication materials and website design to be provided on a continuous basis, as required, until the end of the contract
3.4 Terms and conditions of payment
- Designs services shall paid upon successful completion of the assignment and approval from ITC.
Interested candidates should send their technical and financial proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16 October 2019