Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Information Technology (ELIT2019)
4th Edition National Youth Summer Camp
Background Information & Call for Applications
Deadline: 15th July, 2019 @16:00hrs
The Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Information Technology (ELIT 2019) National Youth Summer Camp will allow young people to acquire relevant knowledge and skills to start and successfully manage an enterprise or business venture.
THEME: TRANSFORMING YOUTH INTO AGENTS OF CHANGE IN AGRIBUSINESS VENTURES
ELIT 2019 will respond by building on its culture of creating equal opportunity for both male and female young people on the theme of the camp. Previous ELIT’s has imparted greatly by changing the livelihoods of young people’s especially those in the rural areas- to become job creators in the Poultry. Horticulture, Rice Value Chain, Small Ruminants, Agro-Marketing.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
1. Participant should have interest in one of the following fields
- Small ruminants including poultry, feed, supply of birds and marketing
- Rice Value Chain- processing, transportation and marketing of local rice
2. First time applicants and participants who have not yet benefitted from training support will be given priority
Certificates will be provided upon completion of the National Youth Summer Camp.
One of the core values of ELIT is to transform knowledge and skills into performance-oriented ventures. Therefore, this strategy will not only address the crises of unemployment, it will also bridge the gender gap in the labour market thus address several other social ills such as irregular migration (back-way) and rural urban drift.
The entrepreneurship training will focus on the agricultural value chain and attention will be placed on linking young people with the Agricultural Value Chain whereby they will have better understanding of the value addition thus accessing the funds to support their businesses.
The Entrepreneurship Training Expectations are:
• Gain knowledge in establishing and running a business
• Develop entrepreneurship competencies
• Develop skills on how to be an entrepreneur
• Learn the elements of a business plan (and how to develop business plans)
Objectives of the Entrepreneurship Training
1. Understand how to generate, identify and select business ideas
2. Acquire relevant knowledge and skills to start and successfully manage an enterprise/business venture.
3. Understand the linkages between the entrepreneur and all the resources and services needed to successfully launch and sustain an enterprise.
4. Understand saving as a life skill for individual livelihood and business improvement.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Entrepreneurship training
- Developing Business Plan Development
- Experience Sharing on Entrepreneurship. Leadership, ICT and Agribusiness
- Means of seeking business opportunity and networking thus linking them with projects supports.
- Individual and group presentations
- Field visits to various locations such as Agricultural Value Chain sites
VENUE: Basse, Upper River Region (URR)
LOGISTIC: Sixty (60) participants
CAMP DURATION: Ten days (10) days
DATE 21st – 31st July, 2019
FOR SUCCES STORIES OF PREVIOUS ELIT ALUMNI’S, VISIT THE WEBSITE- www.gyingambia.gm YOU CAN ALSO READ THE FOLLOWING LINKS.
Sainabou Ngack, Poultry Farm, Pakau Njogu, North Bank Region (NBR)
Ahmad M. Ceesay, Proprietor of Keneba Tech in Sukuta, West Coast Region (WCR)
Modou Lamin Sanyang, Cashew Farmer cum Poultry Producer, proprietor of ML Business Venture in Foni Bulock Village, West Coast Region (WCR)
Jabou Mbye, Sheep Fattening, Jimbala Kerr Chendu, Central River Region North (CRR North)
HEALTH & DIETARY:
- If you have any sickness or illness which need special attention or suffer from food allergies or need a special diet, you are encouraged to come with your medication.
For any enquires about ELIT 2019, you can call +220 3938929/ 6181700/ 2502929/ 2865563/ 7804805/ 6692355/ 6834990/ 7834990
E-mail: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
* * C L I C K H E R E T O A P P L Y ! * *