Both in developed and developing countries, today’s youth are facing particular challenges, including a potential lack of opportunities to engage in their economies in a productive way. Not only do young people face increasing uncertainty in finding employment in the formal labour market, they are also experiencing important mismatches between the skills they possess and the demands of employers.
Wouldn’t it be nice to be your own boss, work on your own schedule, and make money doing something that you’re skilled at or passionate about? Millions of people around the world are living that dream and running their own business. This 8-hours ONLY course will teach you the basics of entrepreneurship. You’ll consider if entrepreneurship is right for you and learn the basic steps of creating your own business. At the end of this programme, you’ll have a solid foundation to start your entrepreneurial journey or reassess steps you have taken.
International Trade Centre’s Youth Empowerment Project and SME Trade Academy, brings you the Gambian Entrepreneurship Foundation Course.
What will you learn?
- The challenging youth labour market situation
- The need for youth contribution to the economy
- Choosing an entrepreneurship option
- Constraints to entrepreneurship and ways to overcome them
- The traits which make entrepreneurs successful
- The building blocks of entrepreneurship
- Key entrepreneurial traits
- The different tasks and functions of entrepreneurs
- The resources of entrepreneurship
- The risks, challenges and rewards of global entrepreneurship
- Determine the benefits of financial literacy and the consequences of not being financially literate
- Identify the components that provide good financial literacy
- Plan for good financial behaviour
- Follow a process to identify and validate a business idea
- Identify potential customers
- Review and select an appropriate value proposition
- Complete a Business Opportunity Assessment
- The process to create your start-up business
- Identifying resources you will need for your start-up
- Formulating an elevator pitch and creating a Business Model Canvas
Participants who meet the course requirements will receive a personalized Certificate of Achievement issued in electronic format. The certificate is verifiable online and can be printed out.
Yes! I would like to take the free E-Learning Entrepreneurship Training. I understand it will take me total of 8 hours to complete all modules. I also understand that the programme runs from November 6 – November 30, 2017.
If interested, email your name, profession, organization name, phone #, and email address to: email@example.com by Monday November 6, 2017
In the registration message, please provide your:
- First and last name
- Organisation name
- E-mail address