Description of Duties/Responsibilities The Visitor Centre Manager will work in close collaboration with the JJB Youth Center Manager and with the executive committee of the Tour Guides Association, Gambia Tourism Board (GTB) Destination Manager and tourism stakeholders including communities offering local tours. The role of the Visitor Center Manager in managing and implementing local tourism activities, programs and strategies to support destination development and marketing consists of:
• Ensure the effective running and operations of the visitor Centre on day-to-day basis.
• Support the effective implementation of the Centre’s business strategy ensuring it is profitable, sustainable, and efficient in its operation and service delivery.
• Support the development, monitoring and management of budgets, business strategies, activity concepts, event templates, collection of fees, data collection and analysis.
• Plan, organize, and manage the implementation of the events and activities
• Ensure tours and activities booked by visitors are communicated in a timely manner to the respective communities
• Support the coordination and delivery of tours within Janjangbureh and surrounding communities.
• Coordinate and lead on the recruitment, training, and supervision of full-time, part-time and seasonal employees and volunteers.
• Provide information on programs, activities, and tourism products within and outside of Janjangbureh.
• Lead on the development of marketing and promotional materials including printed material, press releases, social media and online platforms
• Represent the Centre in programs related to tourism, creative industries including trainings, events, community and regional engagements
• Prepare monthly activity and financial reports on the Centre to stakeholders and partners.
• Priority for this position is given to members of the Janjangbureh Tour Guides Association. Interested individuals from Janjangbureh and the surrounding communities with the requisite qualifications may also apply. The duty station for this position is Janjangbureh, Central River Region. All applicants should send a copy of their CV and Cover Letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 3 rd of August 2021.