As a part of the YEP Tech component under The Gambia Youth Empowerment Project, ITAG, the Gambian IT sector association, is being supported in its institutional development.
In the framework of this intervention, a benchmarking self-assessment and a PIRM (Performance Improvement Road Map) have been completed, and they identify a need to strengthen the capacity of the association to assess the needs of its clients, develop a service portfolio that is adapted to those needs, and define an organisational strategy that will allow the organisation to improve the alignment of its activities and programmes, provide guidance to all staff members, provide clarity to clients, and enhance the possibility of measuring and managing its performance.
A senior international consultant is required to implement the latter (strategy), which is the first objective of ITAG’s Performance Improvement Roadmap. Specific within this work will be a focus on attracting and supporting youth SMEs.
Duties and responsibilities:
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the ITAG Board and direct guidance of the YEP Tech component coordinator, DEI/SEC to accomplish the following tasks:
1. Support the development of a strategy that is relevant and responsive to local and global conditions and is implemented to achieve realistic results.
· Support the analysis of the environment using frameworks such as PESTLE and SWOT
· Guide the organisation in the development of its value proposition, including a value proposition for youth SMEs and mature institutions
· Support the identification of the priority sectors or products, markets, and clients and use to support appropriate segmentation of clients
· Support the identification of strategic priorities and pillars
· Support the identification of strategic partners, with special attention to opportunities to partner to support youth business
· Orient the definition of priorities and the relevant resource allocation
· Orient and support the identification of risks, and their treatment
· Orient the definition of high-level performance targets and their cascading across the strategic pillars to set the foundation for a performance measurement framework
· Guide the development of the strategy document, including providing feedback on iterations, and provide review of final draft
· Ensure that ITAG has documented a replicable process to support it to adjust, refresh or develop its strategy in future years.
2. Prepare summary reports for each of the activities
Expected Outputs and Timelines:
- Final draft of ITAG strategy documented for validation by ITAG Board
Work and reporting to be completed before 31 July 2019.
· Strong analytical thinking and business analysis skills.
· Capacity to conceptualize, write well and communicate ideas effectively.
· Good interviewing skills
· Proven ability to develop, target and deliver training both in workshop environment and as coaching in the field
· Strong ability to support capacity building and learning processes
· Advanced degree (MA/MSc or other)
· Economics, international business, trade, finance or development
The incumbent should have minimum of 15 years working experience related to trade promotion organisations, with focus on issues relating to organisational strategy, service delivery and management processes, ideally in a Trade and Investment Support Institution, Chamber of Commerce, producers association, or similar.
Fluent in English
All interested individuals are required to read the full Terms of Reference with description of duties, skills and experience requirements before applying. Applications that do not meet the mandatory criteria will not be considered.
The Terms of Reference above can also be found at the YEP Portal.
Applications will only be accepted in electronic version. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission of applications is SUNDAY, June 9th.
For any enquiries, please contact ITAG on email@example.com or +220 2184824/ +220 3984824.