YEP TECH is looking for a part-time junior tech startup engagement consultant. The consultant will focus on the engagement with tech startups supported by the YEP tech component.
Startup Relations – please note that several activities shall be conducted and achieved online in the current circumstances
- Handle daily relations with YEP Tech start-ups online; e-meet through skype/whatsapp/zoom at least four start-ups per week until all have been met, either at their location, during an event or at one of the tech hubs. Then meet them on a regular basis.
- Support startup-related project implementation under the YEP Tech component by liaising with all project stakeholders online within the tech startup ecosystem, especially beneficiary startups, and propose timelines and inputs on content for project implementation.
- Discuss progress, challenges, expectations and needs, with a focus on actions to take; and document all meetings in a shared google document.
- Ensure participation of YEP Tech startups in YEP Tech online activities and surveys
- Analyse gaps in business operations of YEP Tech startups and suggest any online trainings/other needs that these startups may have to address in order to close the gaps.
- Plan participation of startups in related project implementation activity under YEP Tech in advance and provide support during these activities
YEP TECH project communications
- Communicate regularly via e-mail and/or phone with the YEP Tech team, and report on project implementation, important meetings, obstacles, local developments, and any other issues that may have an impact on the project during the weekly call.
- Deliver weekly posting of relevant information with regards to the startup ecosystem on YEP Tech social media channels after approval of contents by the YEP Tech focal point.
- Ability and preparedness to support remotely using digital tools and material.
- Proficiency in computer literacy
- Candidate needs to ensure they have the required digital equipment to ensure a smooth work flow
- Highly motivated, very autonomous, passion for tech and startups, with exposure to the tech ecosystem.
- Exposure to project management, technical assistance and result based management (RBM).
- Capability and readiness to work in a team.
- Computer literate, demonstrated skills in report writing and editing.
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BSC or other) in international business, economics, marketing or related fields or equivalent professional level of training.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Experience in the IT&ITES sector or with startup incubators/accelerators.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other local languages is an asset.
|Tentative start date
||Early April 2020
|Tentative end date
||30 August 2020
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to Haifa Ben Salem firstname.lastname@example.org before April 6.