----- EXTENDED DEADLINE May 30! -----
SheTrades in The Gambia
The SheTrades in The Gambia project is a three-year initiative which aims to enable Gambian women to benefit from economic participation, particularly in the agricultural and textiles and clothing value chains. The project supports advocacy and policy design, strengthening of business support organizations, enhancing the productive capacities of women-owned businesses in the horticulture and textile and apparel sectors, and connecting these businesses to market. The SheTrades Gambia Chapter is hosted at the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration and Employment (MOTIE).
The project is implemented by International Trade Centre under the leadership of the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration & Employment and funded by ITC, the Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) and the OPEC Fund for International Development.
Scope of the Public Procurement Advisory
- Build the capacity of Business Support Organisations (BSOs) in the area of public procurement
- Provide training to BSO staff on public procurement;
- Advise BSOs on how to compile and share procurement opportunities with their members on a continuous basis;
- Advise BSOs on activities 2 and 3 below;
- Deliver a training programme for women entrepreneurs in the fashion and horticulture sectors covering different types of business opportunities through public procurement in The Gambia. Potential topics to be covered, among others, include:
- Key opportunities and priority buyers in the Gambian public sector;
- How to navigate the application and registration processes for these opportunities;
- How to develop successful bids;
- How to engage in joint/collective bidding and sub-contracting;
- Discussions with guest speakers;
- Provide follow-up support and advice to women entrepreneurs after the programme in accessing specific opportunities for approx. 3 months;
- Support communication efforts for women’s access to public procurement
- Organize a public webinar on “All you need to know about procurement”. The webinar should include key information, such as the types of opportunities, how to find them and how to access them.
- Prepare a flyer or short booklet covering the information from the “All you need to know about procurement” webinar.
- Participate in radio shows to share advice relating to public procurement;
- Throughout the above, regularly report to the project team on progress, challenges and results of the activities.
The activities indicated above are expected to start in July 2021, for a duration of approximately 3 months.
- Expertise in public procurement in The Gambia;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Politically sensitive, culturally aware and diplomatically savvy;
- Ability to keep tight deadlines;
- Proactive, committed and engaged;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with report writing experience;
- Computer literate in MS office applications (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
An undergraduate Degree (BA/BSc or other) in a relevant field. A certification in public procurement would be desirable.
At least 3 years of professional work experience in public procurement; Excellent networks with stakeholders in The Gambian public procurement sector;
Prior experience providing trainings is a distinct advantage.
The consultant is required to have excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of local Gambian languages is an advantage;
Please submit your CV and a technical and financial proposal to email@example.com by --EXTENDED-- May 30.