Stepdown Training Course on Quality Management in URR, WCR and CRR
Invitation for Application
The Gambia Standards Bureau (TGSB) and International Trade Centre (ITC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), within the framework of the Youth Empowerment Project (YEP). The objective of this MOU is to promote quality as an enabler for youth employment. A series of activities will be organized and implemented by TGSB in collaboration with ITC. The expected outputs of the activities under this MOU are:
- At least 15 young trainers trained on Quality Management
- At least 90 youth are trained through a stepdown training on Quality Management in NBR, CRR, URR, WCR and LRR
- At least 10 youth trained as Auditors of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System standard
The target beneficiaries are youth, as defined by the Gambian Youth Policy 2009, in the age bracket of 15-35 years.
For the second round of Stepdown, TGSB hereby invites interested youths in URR, WCR and LRR to apply for a place in the Stepdown Training Course on Quality Management, which will be conducted from 29th March to 1st April 2018.
The beneficiaries will be selected based on the following criteria.
• Person aged between 15 and 35 years
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Have at least a High school certificate in either social/basic sciences or management
• Half a page motivational statement to demonstrate interest in the course
• Fully committed to complete the course and to provide information to TGSB about the impact of the training in the next three years
• Commitment to be available for feedback as to the usefulness /relevance of the course (at enterprise level or at personal level as relevant) over a period of 3 months after the course
• Candidates must be residents of URR, WCR and LRR.
• Participants currently working in the field of quality management or in one that focuses on quality in their daily work are encouraged to apply.
- Cover letter
- Motivational statement
- Photocopy of birth certificate or any identity document
- A photocopy of school certificates (attestation and transcript may be considered)
Applications should be submitted to the address below. Both hard and electronic applications are accepted.
The Gambia Standards Bureau
130 Kairaba Avenue
P. O. Box 2384
Deadline for submission of applications is MONDAY, 26th March 2018 at 1600 hrs.
For any enquiries, please call: 4494512 / 2994142 / 2391696