The Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) is offering technical and vocational skills training to 965 Gambian youth through eight local TVET institutions. The technical and vocational training opportunities are provided under the pilot phase of the Skills for Youth Employment (SkYE) Fund launched by YEP.
These training courses are provided in partnership with the Sterling Consortium:
• Certificate in satellite installation (Training Locations Bansang & Mansakonko)
• Advance certificate in CCTV installation (Training Location Sterling Campus Busumbala)
• Solar installation level 1 (Training Location Bansang)
• Solar installation level 2 (Training Location Sterling Campus Busumbala)
• Certificate vehicle diagnostic techniques and repair (Training Location Sterling campus Busumbala)
• Between the ages of 15 to 35
• Ability to understand basic English language
• For vehicle diagnostic techniques and repair, CCTV installation, and solar installation level 2 prior knowledge and experience in field of study
• Commitment to complete the program
• Willingness to undertake industrial internship
How to apply:
Interested youth can pick up application forms from Sterling Consortium office Busumbala, Bansang Youths Centre, Janjangbureh Youths Centre, Basse regional youth office, Mansakonko youths centre, Kerewan North Bank youths office.
Deadline for submission of applications is FRIDAY, 14 September 2018. Interviews will be held from 17-21 September and the program will start on 1 October.
Note: each applicant should only select one program. If an applicant is discovered to be enrolled in more than one training program his/her scholarships will be rescinded.