THE GAMBIA GENDER CHAMPIONS
Terms of Reference
Videographer for Videos & Photos of the Gender Champions
1.0 Background of Programme
While it is clear that gender equality requires actions on all levels, visibility and commitments at the highest level can act as catalysts and accelerators of change. When paired with concrete actions, like the Gender Champions Initiative, they are highly likely to have lasting impact. Specifically, the objective of the Gambia Gender Champions Initiative is to promote gender equality in The Gambia by establishing and amplifying the commitment of those in leadership roles to actively further gender equality within their mandates, and to increase the visibility of women in senior positions. The joint engagement of women and men in the economy will be strengthened through the commitment of those in leadership roles.
The initiative is jointly coordinated by the SheTrades National Host Institution, which is anchored at the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration and Employment with support from the SheTrades Project Manager at the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the SheTrades Advisory Board, and the Ministry of Women’s Affairs, Children and Social Welfare. The two Ministries collaborate in the coordination of activities, communicating about the initiative, supporting Champions in setting their commitments, coordinating annual reporting of impact achieved by the Champions, and organizing annual meetings for the Champions to network and strategize together on how to accomplish their commitments.
2.0 Objective of the Videos and Photos of the Champions
Local leaders of The Gambia will make two personal commitments promoting gender equality within their mandate and spurring behavioral change at an individual and an institutional level. These commitments are specific to each Champion and their respective organization, and seek to catalyze change as well as implement best practices to achieve gender equality in measurable, results-oriented and time-bound increments.
The videographer will provide high-quality videos featuring each individual champion stating his or her commitments as well as high-quality photos displaying the personality of each champion. The material will be used in print and online.
3.0 Role of the Videographer
The videographer will undertake the following duties:
- Set up audio, lightning and video equipment for interior and exterior location shoots;
- Record high quality video footage of the first thirteen Gender Champions which feature each of their two commitments (each statement about 1 minute) as well as a short introduction and background of their commitments;
- Process and edit videos (and audio), including making of opening and end credits for the video, subtitling, making of simple CGI (signatures for interviewees, etc.) in line with broadcast video standards and web publishing format;
- Capture high-resolution images of the first thirteen Gender Champions which display each of the champion to be used and re-produced in print (billboards) and online formats
- Improve and edit photos
- High resolution video files of video material suitable for web publishing and broadcasting
- High quality photos suitable for printing, publishing, web design and broadcasting
3.3 Contract Duration and Timelines
- The contract will be effective from date of signing until 15 November 2019
- Submission of raw photo and video files by Friday 18 October 2019
- Submission of edited photos by Friday 25 October 2019
- Submission of edited videos by Friday 1 November 2019
3.4 Terms and conditions of payment
- Video and photo services shall be paid upon successful completion of the assignment and approval from ITC.
Interested candidates should send their technical and financial proposal to: email@example.com
Deadline: 16 October 2019