Youth Empowerment Project (YEP), The Gambia
A programme funded by the European Union
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
REFURBISHMENT OF YOUTH CENTRE IN BAKOTEH
The Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) is a five-year initiative which aims to support the economic development of The Gambia and create jobs for young people. YEP fosters the employability and self-employment opportunities for youth, with a focus on vocational training and the creation of micro and small-sized enterprises and improving employment opportunities in selected sectors through value addition and market linkages. The project is implemented by International Trade Centre (ITC) under the leadership of the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration & Employment (MOTIE) and the Ministry of Youth and Sports. The project is funded by the European Union Emergency Trust Fund for stability and addressing root causes of irregular migration and displaced persons in Africa.
About the Production Hub at the Bakoteh Community Skills Center
- The Bakoteh Community Skills centre has been operational for years. Of recent, the Youth Empowerment Project and the Center management agreed to upscale the centre into a creative industry hub. The overall goal of this initiative is to establish a training-cum-production hub for selected creative goods, namely arts and crafts (traditional carvings and garment construction) and design (handwoven textiles products). In addition to these core creative goods, the initiative will make efforts to create linkages.
- The Centre aims to support Gambian youth to apply their skills and creativity to advance their economic and social conditions. The Centre will play a key role in addressing gaps faced by Gambian youth in developing marketable products, building markets, finding reliable and stable supply of material input and obtain skills to produce quality products that responds to market requirements.
Scope of Work
- ITC invites interested bidders to submit quotation for the refurbishment and construction of the following:
- Lot 1 Hall (training room refurbishment) and Production room (construction) in Bakoteh, KMC – The Gambia.
The Bill of Quantities (BoQ), designs and terms and conditions can be obtained from the ITC office in Bakau (Sait Matty Road) or downloaded from https://yep.gm/opportunity/bakoteh-skills-centre-refurbishment
Interested bidders must attend a pre-bid meeting which will take place on Friday 13 September 2019 from 8 AM to 10 AM and a site to the center from 10:30 AM to 12PM where bidders can ask any technical question.
Questions and Clarifications on the process:
Any questions about the process may be submitted to Mr. Geoffroy Batt through email at
- Company’s financial statements of the past 2 years
- The Completed quote (S) using the bill of quantities to be downloaded at
- A work plan from start to completion of the refurbishment
Submission of offers
Quotes must be submitted no later than 20 September 2019 before 6 PM local time
Quotes can be sent by mail to Mr Geoffroy Batt at
Or can be delivered physical no later than the time stated above at:
Operations and Finance Officer
Youth Empowerment Project
International Trade Centre
Sait Matty Road, Bakau
UN general Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of your Quotation: Upon receipt, your quotation will be examined and you will be advised as promptly as possible as to its acceptability. Any contract subsequently arranged would be subject to the relevant provisions of the UN’s General Conditions of Contract (GCC), a copy of which will be attached to the Contract or given upon request (a copy of the General Conditions is available on our website: http://www.intracen.org/about/procurement/general-conditions/). By submitting a quote, vendors confirm their acceptance of UN GCC.