Are you involved in a youth initiative, community project or a social entrepreneur selling locally sourced products?
The Association of Small Scale Enterprises in Tourism (ASSET) in partnership with the Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) are inviting applications to participate in a study tour to Dakar Senegal with the aim; to visit the Dakar Farmers Market, a monthly market selling locally sourced products, and to meet innovative and successful local producers and companies.
The main objective of the study tour is to:
- Acquire knowledge and skills transfer from an organized, tested and experienced operation
- Enable would be participants to understand processes in developing high quality products and processes involves (inception to sales)
- Learn from the challenges and success of others to better understand and manage operations
- Establish contacts with suppliers
- Understand the operations of the entire logistics of the market operation (product development, suppliers, productions, customers/consumers etc.)
ASSET is looking for Gambian youth producers who can supply locally made products including food, beverages, natural beauty products, arts and crafts, and clothing.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Participants in youth or community initiatives
- An entrepreneur with good and strong potential to succeed and create employment
- Active with evidence in social entrepreneurship
- Have a basic standard of Wolof and English (spoken and written)
- Be interested and committed to developing locally made products
- Have products or ability to develop sustainable and fair-trade products
Please email Momodou Secka at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Name of your initiative/project
- Number of people involved in the initiative/project
- Details of how your initiative benefits the society/community
- The year of establishment
- Details of your products, including their source
- A statement giving reasons why you should be selected to participate
- Name of the selected participant to the study tour and the reasons for choosing him/her
Applications can also be submitted to the following address:
Mr Momodou Secka, ASSET, 95 Bertil Harding Highway, Kololi, KMC
Deadline for submission of applications is FRIDAY, 29thSeptember 2017 at 12 noon.