The Gambia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) in partnership with the Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) is pleased to support youth enterprises through a Youth Pavilion at the 2018 Trade Fair Gambia International (TFGI). The youth pavilion will provide exhibition space for up to 25 youth businesses in two different categories.
- 15 individual stalls of the usual dimensions (3m x 3m) at the discounted price of GMD 1200
- An open space (45 sqm) that will host up to 10 businesses at the discounted price of GMD 600. The open space is dedicated to start-ups that do not have the stock or capacity to have a full stall as well as youth entrepreneurs located far from the fair venue, the Independence Stadium in Kanifing. GCCI staff will man the open space and provide support to all youth exhibitors
- Pre-fair training on
- Marketing – Sales & Inventory, Pricing, Product development, Customer Service
- Presentation skills
- Trade Fair preparation
- Meeting with Business Leaders (One-on-ones with CEOs) and other networking opportunities
- Marketing materials
- Participation in Youth Day and related activities
Selection Criteria / Eligibility
- Age (15 – 35)
- Formal Business Registration
- Evidence of record/book keeping
- 10% contribution to the booth rental (i.e. 1200 or 600 Dalasi, depending on the category A or B) plus transporting table / chairs / shelves etc. to fair grounds
- Product visualization and evidence of ownership
- Completion of application form prior to deadline
- ID Card/ or Birth certificate
- Business registration certificate
- Sample of Sales/Purchase day books
- Sample of product
Deadline for submission: 15 February 2018
All participants will be required to fill out a pre/post-fair survey.
For any enquiries, please contact GCCI.